2007/01/30

As things go...

I admit it. I was quite out of inspiration yesterday. Hence the reedition of my paper.
I think this blog has somehow and quite quickly found some editorial line indeed.

As things go, it will be dedicated to any work worth publishing, that is any essay on a not-too-boring subject, preferably in Brit cultural studies even though some litterary considerations may come in at times.
Plus, not to be too "let's publish my homework so that zillions of people can contemplate my utter mediocrity" (and I know, I'm pretty arrogant, using "zillions". Replace the Z with an M), I'll put in here, as I said before, any commentary from my puzzled brain that non-French English-speaking readers might appreciate.

Subjects like :
- Why are those damn froggies so pretentious, foreignaffairswise ? (because we're right !)
- Why the hell are college English courses taught in.. FRENCH ?! (because we're French !)
- What in the world can push these people to eat frog legs and snails ? (the same thing that makes Brits eat Marmite !)
- And why, oh why, can't they speak English like anybody in the free world ? (see question 2)

(I'll treat these questions with longer and smarter (as much as possible) answers later, I promise)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Why the hell are college English courses taught in.. FRENCH ?!
By college you mean after high school ? Because It's being taught in French all along studies, from when you're 12 to when you stop...

Q1 said...

I mean college as in "College"... University, if you prefer...

Anonymous said...

You forgot : what is French people's favorite game EVER ? (General striiiiike !!!)

LOL

Q1 said...

General strike... I wouldn't say so !
It's more "frequent short-timed strikes".

When the strikes gets general, there's often a good reason, miss Red... It ain't really the National game (compared to Britain in the Thatcher Era, we actually suck at General Strike)

Anonymous said...

Hum, I'm sorry but IMO Red is right... General or not, strike IS a national game... The proof is that sometimes we don't know why there's a strike, and we don't even care cause it's "normal"...

A strike is supposed to carry a message, to enlight a problem, to communicate...

We're more interested when it's snowing...